Technical Account Manager - Beijing, PRC
Who We Are:
Neurala is a pioneer in custom vision artificial intelligence. On a mission to make vision AI more accessible, Neurala is the company behind Brain Builder: a SaaS platform that dramatically reduces the time, cost and skills required to build and maintain production-quality custom vision AI solutions. Founded in 2006, Neurala’s research team invented Lifelong-DNNTM (L-DNN) technology, which reduces the data requirements for AI model development and enables continuous learning in the cloud or at the edge. Now, with customers in the drone, robotics, smart device, industrial inspection and AI professional services verticals, Neurala’s technology has been deployed on 30 million devices globally.
Follow Neurala on Twitter @Neurala and on Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Neurala is looking for a talented Technical Account Manager to join our team and help us deliver AI solutions to top customers in a variety of industries within the Asia Pacific Region. Crucially, this person will be the primary technical point of contact with one of Neurala’s largest clients and will be based in Beijing, China.
The Technical Account Manager will be the point person responsible for technical customer engagements in the region, working closely with the General Manager, Asia Pacific and other internal and external teams to drive successful project outcomes.
As our first Technical Account Manager in Asia, you will be the owner of multiple client relationships, and wholly responsible for defining, measuring, and ensuring customer success. You will oversee proof of concepts, customer on-boarding, delivery of customer training and any product upgrades or updates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the details of Neurala’s products and technologies and quickly assume responsibility for day-to-day management of customer projects.
- Collaborate with customers to define project details and write specs detailing functional project requirements, including technical details pertaining to Neurala technologies.
- Create project plans, setting timeline expectations based on project details and availability of internal and external resources. Maintain clear, frequent communication with customers and the Neurala team, ensuring all project components are moving in unison toward goal.
- Be clairvoyant - identify and neutralize potential problems before they arise.
- Rapidly respond to customer questions and concerns.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver completed projects that meet customer expectations.
- Thrive in a high-growth, rapid pace environment, managing through ambiguity and rapidly changing conditions.
- Serve as a conduit to translate complex technical requirements from local language to English and effectively communicate local customer requirements back to HQ.You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Neural Networks, Deep Learning, and Reinforcement Learning.
- Fluency in C++, Unix/Linux environments, CUDA and OpenCL skills as a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and, in particular, computer vision or natural language processing, is a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in technical project management is a plus
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
- You want to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win.
- Strong business acumen and professionalism, excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in both Mandarin and English.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role, such as Project Management, Sales Support, or Technical Support.
- Experience in SAAS and on-premise software/technology industry.
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes and comfort engaging not just technically, but also with senior executives.
- A strong team player but still a self-starter – you’ll need to be self-motivated to deliver projects on-time.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
Neurala, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.