Who We Are:
Neurala is a pioneer in custom vision artificial intelligence. On a mission to make vision AI more accessible, Neurala is the company behind Brain Builder: a SaaS platform that dramatically reduces the time, cost and skills required to build and maintain production-quality custom vision AI solutions. Founded in 2006, Neurala’s research team invented Lifelong-DNNTM (L-DNN) technology, which reduces the data requirements for AI model development and enables continuous learning in the cloud or at the edge. Now, with customers in the drone, robotics, smart device, industrial inspection and AI professional services verticals, Neurala’s technology has been deployed on 30 million devices globally.
Follow Neurala on Twitter @Neurala and on Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Are you interested in finding ways to apply your mobile software development skills to help shape the next generation infrastructure, that will power Artificial Intelligence in a variety of application domains? Our AI framework, written mostly with portable C++, runs on a variety of CPU and GPU architectures, in desktop, mobile, and embedded hardware.
We are looking for a productive SW developer with deep understanding of mobile development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and further develop the Neurala AI SDK for Android
- Implement and maintain our Android BrainBuilder SDK
- Implement mobile AI demonstration applications with the Neurala SDK
- Occasionally implement custom client projects
- Optimize the SDK performance
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2-3 years of Android software development experience using Java
- Must be able to learn new languages and APIs for a variety of tasks as they arise.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Commitment to achieving objectives, results driven and adept at resolving competing priorities
- Strong work ethic; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company environment
- Enjoys finding ways of speeding up code by using hardware
- Experience with Java Native Interface
- Programming experience with modern C++ (11 and later)
- Computer vision or machine learning experience
- Experience with build and test automation systems, especially CMake and Jenkins
- Previous experience using JIRA to manage stories
- Parallel programming experience with GPUs/FPGAs
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected characteristic.